FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION STAFF SCHOOL
THE SCHOOL: FCE STAFF SCHOOL
Federal College of Education Staff School was established on 4th January, 1988 with four pupils in the morning but before the close of the day population increased to ten (10) under the headship of Miss F.A. Solanke (now Mrs F. A. Sodipe) and Miss. E.O. Ogunremi who proceeded for further studies six months later. The school started in an abandoned contractor’s shed very close to the Staff gate, with a board set up by the College to manage the affairs of the school.
The School was later moved to one of the uncompleted staff quarters in the College by March, 1995, the school moved to her permanent building of eight classrooms, one office and toilet facilities which was commissioned by the then Military Administration of Ogun State (Lt. Col. O. Akintonde)
The School was absolved to the College Mainstream by the Federal College of Education (FCE) Abeokuta Management in October 1995. The school has been experiencing a lot of remarkable achievements both in Academics and Co-curricular Activities.
The Proprietor of the School is the Provost of the College Dr. A.A Ajayi
The objectives of establishing the school:
1. To serve as a laboratory to her college school of education.
2. To serve as a relief for the staff working in the College that traveled from town,( Abeokuta) to pick their children from school.
3. To serve the neighborhood.
The school has seasoned and qualified teachers.
There is bus facilities to convey the pupils.
There are qualified Doctors and Nurses who attend to pupils when needs arise.
Achievements in year 2014
1. Akinyemi Daniel (2nd Position in Quiz Competition Primary Category)
2. Akinyemi Daniel (2nd Position in Painting Primary Category)
3. Akinyemi Daniel (1st Position in Drawing Primary Category)
4. Lawal Yusuf (2nd Position in Quiz competition Primary Category)
5. Yusuf Lawal (1st Position in Mosaic, Primary Category)
6. Akinyemi Daniel (1st Position in Mosaic Primary Category)
7. Abiona Goodness (2nd Position in Drawing Primary Category)
8. Kaosar Nurudeen (2nd Position in Graphics, Primary Category)
9. Ayodeji Favour (2nd position in Mosaic Primary Category)
10. Adedeji Emmanuel (2nd Position in Textile , Primary Category)
11. Federal College of Education, Staff School (2nd Position in Craft, Primary Category).
Achievement in Year 2015
Obafemi Ayomide: Scholarship Award
Ogbebor Daniel: Scholarship Award
Adewuyi Oladayo Ezekiel: Award of Excellence for Outstanding Performance
Oyatayo Olajide: Award of Excellence for Outstanding Performance
Obafemi Ayomide: 2nd Position in Spelling BEE (Primary Category)
1. Obafemi Ayomide: 2nd Position in Spelling Bee (Golden Grace Int’l school)
2. Olaitan John and Anidugbe Moses: 2nd Position in Quiz (FUNAAB Staff School)
3. Afolabi Aishat: 1st in Spelling Bee (FUNAAB Staff School)
4. Abu Philip and Adeneye Esther: 3rd Position in Debate (FUNAAB Staff School)
CO-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES: The following among others are areas
which the school has excelled and celebrated, Junior Engineers Technicians
Scientist (JETS) Club, Inter-house Sports, Inter School Relays, Quiz,
Competition, Library and Debating society, Christmas Programmes, match
past during Islamic Programmes. The school had her inter-house
sport competition bi-annually. Every Thursday is our sports day. The School also had her Maiden Edition of Cultural Day on Friday, 11th March, 2016. It was a colourful event.
Composition of Board Members.
The Staff School Board members comprises of the following:
1. Dr. Ben Edegbai Chairman
2. Mrs. A.O. Adejobi Vice-chairman
3. Mr. O.G. Ajayi Member
4. Mrs. J.I.N. Mbamalu Member
5. Mrs. O..M.. Kuyoro Member
6. Mrs. S.O Dosunmu Member (ZEO)
7. Mrs. E.O. Opara – (Headmistress) Member
8. Mrs. J.O. Ugonna Secretary